Monday, July 28, 2008

Another Astro's Update



Not the best update picture but it will have to do for today. As you can see, I'm almost done with it! I'm taking every available ten minute spot that comes up through out the day to stitch so I can get this done and to Michael's to be framed. I hope that the next update shot will actually be a finish and then a final framed shot.

Next up on the agenda is to get back to the under the ocean project that I started back in April or May and also to start on the SAL from wXSw which everyone else has finished by now. Better late than never is my new motto. There are a few other SAL's that I wanted to do but just knew there would be no way to get anywhere near starting until way way after everyone else finished. At least with the Season SAL I am starting a couple of days after the fourth (and last) pattern became available to stitch. My goal for this week: finish the Astros and move on to working on the SAL (if I can pick up on the ocean, great, but if not; no biggie)

Three more weeks (FROM today) school starts back up so I will have less craziness during the day and maybe can get back to stitching when the little one naps. That's if he will get back to napping at a normal time. Currently, he naps from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 or later which means he stays up as late as we do and then continues to talk/play after being put to bed. It's gotten so bad that for the past several weeks, we've gotten into the schedule of hubby taking littlest man into bed to get him to lay down and fall asleep while I get the oldest boy to fall asleep. He refuses to go to sleep without Mommy sitting or laying down on the other end of his couch. Nine times out of ten, I fall asleep before he does to wake up about and hour or so later with the video screen blue and him sound asleep with his blanket thrown over his head. I creep out of the playroom and stumble to the bedroom to put littlest man to bed. The cutest thing awaits me most nights. The buzz saws competing for noise level when I hit the bedroom. I believe that I can give them a run for their money but I'm not sure who is worse between littlest man (Ryan) and hubby!

Funny story about snoring. A couple of years ago (and minus two of the four kids) hubby told me he wanted me to listen to something he had taped. After listening for a few minutes I had to ask; "What in the he&%*is that noise??" to which he started laughing and replied, "that's you snoring honey!" Good thing I can laugh at myself because that sound was enough to wake the livng dead! When I was in labor with my 2nd little guy and trying to nap a little bit before heading to the hospital, my Mom woke me up saying, "I can't TAKE THAT NOISE anymore!" I thought it must be just because I'm pregnant and/or in labor. Hmmm, I don't think so!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hi Terry! I actually managed to get on the internet on vacation! Wonder's will never cease-lol
Great progress on your Astro's piece!

I hope you can get the boys to go sleep-such hard thing to do! Take care.

Sharon