Monday, November 16, 2009

Work, work and more work!

I did finally get some time yesterday to get some stitching done. I have one more ghost to do on my Happy Halloween Sampler from Oakhaven Designs and it will be complete! Yeah!!!! I've been wanting to get this one done for a couple of weeks now but work has gotten in the way. lol

I thought I had posted about my new job but that's what I get for thinking. About six weeks ago now, I received an e-mail from the local Data Entry company saying they had openings in the Homeworker Division and was I still interested in a position. I filled out an application almost two years ago and hadn't heard a thing until recently. I jumped at the chance and am now working from home. I had training for four weeks, Friday and Saturdays and then was able to do some keying while we waited until the next weeks training. We deal with those little inserts in the magazines. Those are fun to read, let me tell you!

Now that the training is over we are allowed to order as much work as we can handle. I've been working from 10:00 every morning until at least 5:00. Granted, I do have to stop and start twice while going to pick up Katie and Ryan at school so I really only work about 5 hours each day. I'd love to work more but until I get a little more used to the work I'm afraid to order any more. On Friday, I worked until almost 10:00 p.m. What a day that was! lol I also have some issues with carpal tunnel that I completely forgot about. It's amazing what your brain will forget when it hasn't dealt with something in a long time. DH went and purchased some special gloves for me and they seem to be helping. Now if I can just do something about my back. I will be getting a wireless keyboard in a couple of weeks to try to alleviate some of the back issues from hunching over the keyboard at the desk. Oy! It's hell to get old. LOL

I hope to get the ghost done tonight and get a picture up here this week. I have two Christmas (or was it three) designs sitting here begging to get stitched. lol I'm not too sure how much stitching I will get done during the week because, after keying all day (even with the gloves on) my wrists get a little sore.

Hope everyone is having a great start to this week!!


Sharon said...

Wow, 2 years is a long time to get a call back. Sounds great-being able to work from home. Soon you will get your rhythm going and it will be be all good.

Meari said...

Good luck with your new job, Terry.

Cindy F. said...

Whew girl! I know that data entry is a tough job! Only did it for 6 weeks once and I can truly appreciate how your wrist, back, eyes are feeling! Good luck;)

Daffycat said...

Holy cow, two years? I've never known a place to keep an application on file that long! It sounds like a decent job being able to stay home and work at your own pace.

I have carpal tunnel too. I sleep every night in wrist braces and they help a lot. It took a little while to get used to them but now I can't sleep without them, lol! If you try them ~ don't wear them during the day, you'll lose muscle and that's not good.

Carolyn NC said...

Glad to hear the new job is going well!