Monday, November 23, 2009

A pic and a story or two

Happy Halloween Sampler from Oakhaven Designs

I finally finished the HH Sampler from Oakhaven Designs and posted a pic for you to see. Please ignore the wrinkles as I didn't iron it or anything just grabbed the camera and shot a pic. I did finish a small Christmas design be OHD but didn't like how it turned out so I am doing it again and will get a picture when it's completed.

So this weekend, my DH and I had a date afternoon on Sunday to go to the movies and head to dinner. I spent Saturday trying to get caught up on laundry, dishes and regular cleaning while keeping the children from killing each other. Logan had a meltdown each day but I think Saturday's was the worst. I'm still not sure what was bothering him but he was so mad he ripped his diaper apart. Now, thankfully, it wasn't a smelly diaper just the "wet" kind. I kept telling myself that I was very lucky. The whole time I'm wiping everything up and vacuuming all the lovely stuff they put in the diapers to pull the liquid away from baby/toddlers. Let me tell you that stuff is messy!! I was about to pull my hair out as I sat there cussing under my breath. Logan was in the bath soaking as he'd rubbed it all over himself. Yeah, that was lovely too but again, it could have been so much worse. I had an old can of carpet cleaner that I was trying to spray all over the carpet so I could scrub it. It wasn't spraying very well so me, being me a/k/a stupid as sh&* I had the sprayer up near my face as I tried to figure it out when I pushed the button. I'm still not sure what I was thinking (okay, I know I wasn't thinking at all) when I did that one but I did manage to close my eyes before I felt the foam hit my eyelids and face. Needless to say my face and hair were really clean and smelled like freshly scrubbed carpet. ROFLMBO! Lord I can do some pretty stupid things!!! Yes, I'm 41 and I still do incredibly stupid stuff.

I did manage to clean up the carpet without hurting myself any further and we made our date on Sunday. We had a great time, and as usual it was too short. We went to see A Christmas Carol in 3D and I have to say it was AWESOME!!! If you're going to go see this movie, play the extra $3.00 and go see it in 3D. I love Christmas movies and really enjoyed this one. It was neck and neck with Polar Express in my book. Today the kids and I are going to grab those 3D glasses I didn't turn in and watch PE in 3D. It's time for some popcorn and a nice sit down with the kids. They were very patient while I worked this morning so now it's time for a treat for everyone.

Hope you have a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving!


8 comments:

Meari said...

Oh geeze... You deserve a ((hug)) for the diaper mess, and for spraying yourself in the face... LOL Poor girl!

Glad you enjoyed the movie, and date night.

Mel said...

Great finish!

Mylene said...

Congrats on the cute cute finish.

Sorry to hear about the diaper and the spary but glad to hear you ahd enjoy your date with DH.

Mylene said...

Warmest wishes to you and your family for a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

CindyMae said...

Wonderful finish, I love it!! A date night with DH sounds wonderful!

Carolyn NC said...

Great finish - love the story about the spray! Fun times for all. :)

Maureen said...

Nice finish - that green is such a good colour. You did make me laugh with spraying yourself in the face, i can totally sympathise with you as that is just like something i would do!

Am hoping to get to A Christmas Carol this week or next and i will certainly try and get to 3d after your recommendation.

Sharon said...

Lovely finish! You certainly had a day there-but I think the date night made up for it!