Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Stitching

Well, I was able to stitch a little on Saturday and a lot on Sunday. I had decided to pick up my Thomas Kinkade piece and work on that as I love his work. I looked at it and couldn't find where I thought I need to "frog". I went on and was able to get a lot more done. I was so proud of how much I was able to get done. Notice I said was.... I am constantly jumping up whenever I stitch as I have three children in diapers so it's not like I can have any down time during the day at all. I really don't know how I managed to do it but I looked at my chart, pulled the thread (as it calls for one strand each of two different colors) and started stitching. It is such a busy pattern that I have to highlight what I have already stitched so I have an idea where I'm at each time. Two to three hours of stitching later and I glanced at the chart and saw something that stopped me in my tracks. Yup, you guessed it, I looked down at the wrong combination for the symbol I was stitching. I was so upset!!! I was cooking dinner when I noticed it so I ripped all that work out and started again. My husband just looked at me like I had lost my mind until I told him what I had done. As I pulled each stitch out, I grumbled that if I mess it up again I'm putting it away for a long time. I was afraid that I would lose track of what I had done since I had already highlighted everything so I made myself go back and do it all again with the right color combo last night.

I believe that everything is now as it should be but I think I will take a day off from it and maybe start something else or just not stitch today. My eldest boy has been having sleep issues for the past couple of weeks and I think it's taking it's toll on me. When he doesn't sleep, I don't sleep and it's harder on me. I have finally figured out that I need at least 7 hours of sleep each night so I'm not cranky. You can imagine what I've been like for the past couple of weeks!!

No comments: