Saturday, April 11, 2009

End of week update

Stitching for a Cure ornaments

I was able to finish one ornament for Stitching for a Cure and start on another but then life got in the way this week. Ryan was still running a little fever on Monday and his cough sounded like a frog so he stayed home on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday Logan just didn't want to move at all which is totally unlike him. He stayed home that day but was fine by the time we got back from dropping Ryan off at school. I think he was just tired as he woke up at 2:00 in the morning and didn't get back to sleep for an hour or so.

He has been having issues in school due to the change in teacher. We've been trying different techniques for calming him down and I think we finally found "the ONE". A nice warm bubble bath does wonders for his moods. Yesterday he had a meltdown before the bus came so I decided to just drop him at school when I took Ryan. Well..... it didn't quite work out the way I planned and he ended up just staying home with us. LOL It was the last day of school before Spring Break so I just gave in and let him stay home and be babied.

On top of having both boys home at different times this week, I've been dealing with the school regarding the teacher they want to put either in his class or in another Autism class next year. One of the parents mentioned that this teacher had been disciplined for abuse. There was more than one person who witnessed this episode and another episode that wasn't reported. To make a long story short, we contacted the school board. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that things are settled at the meeting we have to schedule for after spring break.

I'm not sure how much I will be doing this next week with all the kids home. The weather is supposed to be absolutely beautiful; sunny and in the 80's. We have one day of running around but the rest of the time is free to play. Lots of outside time, movies, painting and games are on the schedule at this point. Hopefully I will find some time to sit and stitch as I really want to get some more ornaments done. I looked up the different ribbon colors for the different cancers (site provided on a link on Donna's site) so I'm thinking I can do a couple different colors just not sure which patterns I want to try. Loved the heart with the blackwork so may do a few more of those. I will post pictures when I can but if you don't see a post next week, you'll know why.

Happy Easter everyone!

5 comments:

CindyMae said...

The ornies are just gorgeous! Such an awesome cause. I plan to get started on mine soon! Happy Easter!!!!

Carolyn NC said...

Ornies looks great - have fun this week!

Mylene said...

Have a Happy Easter!

Meari said...

Hope you had a good Easter :) Your ornies look great!

Sharon said...

Pretty ornament and for a wonderful cause!